- Until the advent of electronic voting systems, ballots cast in America had always been verifiable and re-countable to the level of voter intent.
- Voter confidence in Georgia’s current voting system has increasingly eroded with constant news of problems with our electronic system’s vulnerability to hacking and the lack of verifiable recounts
- Georgia’s current DieBold DRE System was known to be unverifiable before Secretary of State Cathy Cox implemented it.
- Concerned Georgia citizens have been advising the state on replacing the DieBold system since before it was implemented and have not stopped.
- Cybersecurity experts from around the world warn us that there is no such thing as a safe, secure, un-alterable electronic voting system.
- Georgia is one of only 5 states to still employ an unverifiable voting system.
- To demonstrate that the only secure, safe from hacking system is a human readable paper document, be it known the top US agencies have implemented the policy that their most secret documents only exist on paper.
Be It Resolved That:
The Libertarian Party of Georgia only supports a voting system that is designed and guaranteed to be:
- Secure and safe from hacking or alteration.
- Produces a human readable paper archive that is re-countable to the level of voter intent.
- Does not use any computer interface between voter input and ballot production.